Just like with any other medical care, there are some things you can do to prepare yourself for endodontic treatment that will make you more comfortable with the procedures.
For your consultation appointment, please be prepared with the following:
1. Update Insurance and have information ready at appointment
2. Be prepared with medical history information
3. Bring x-rays and/or referral card if provided by your general dentist
To prepare for your appointment to initiate treatment, please be prepared with the following:
1. If directed to take pre-med antibiotics by your physician, please call us for instructions.
2. Please eat breakfast or lunch as normal and applicable
3. If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to use antibiotic premedication because of mitral valve prolapse (MVP), heart murmur, hip, knee, cardiac or other prosthesis, or if you have rheumatic heart disease, please make sure you are on the appropriate antibiotic on the day of your appointment. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
The first thing you should make sure to do before any kind of treatment is to ask questions. At Advanced Endodontics, we want you to feel comfortable and knowledgeable about your treatment and no question is unimportant. It is not uncommon to find Dr. Christopherson with a pen and paper in hand illustrating to his patients the procedure plan, unique to their specific root structure.